Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Salsiccia Cacciatore Cappo

Don't worry if you can't pronounce that or even if you have no idea what it is... because believe me I had no idea any of that until tonight.  It is this very interesting sausage that I found at the Italian Centre.  When I unwrapped it from its brown paper it was hard and slightly oily with a very 'corn-y' scent (according to Tanner).  So what can I do with this new sausage?  Corn... Tomatoes... Spanish I thought.  Salsa, tomatoes, corn (obviously), grated cheddar cheese and lime zest.  And let me tell you... it was delicious!  Big robust flavours of the sausage paired well with the sweetness of the tomatoes and the lime zest gave it a wonderful  brightness.  Served with baked corn chips which kept it paired with the corn flavour.  This one has to go down in the books as an innovative winner.

I just made it up with what I had in the fridge, I had a little bit of salsa, a few tomatoes, a lime and that is how it all came together.  Take this as inspiration for you to look in your fridge and just make it up.  Or as the saying can go... fly by your apron strings.

Until next time... go and experiment in the kitchen!   Trust me, it'll be good.

E




No comments:

Post a Comment