Sunday, November 27, 2011

Edmonton's Tres Carnales Taqueria

Are you wondering about that last photo I posted on the go?

Well... wonder no more.  There is this tiny little restaurant downtown that we went to on Saturday night.  Tres Carnales Taqueria is (and I will quote their website) "an authentic street food joint" with tons of personality, flair, great food and of course, cold Coronas!

If you are looking for a quiet dinner experience ... this is not the place BUT... if you are looking for a super fun and unique dinner experience this IS the place.

I had the Al Pastor - 4 little tacos of marinated slow roasted pork.  You may think 4 little tacos... but honestly with the amazing Guac and house made chips it is a complete meal that you and your jeans can feel good about.  Perfect portion sizes and as I mentioned before, cold Coronas. The photo attached here is the paper cone that the house made chips are in. Such a cool looking stamp.

I can't forget to mention the hospitality.  As it was a Saturday night there was a line up but who minds waiting for this kind of food and especially when you are treated as well as we were in line!?!
Thanks Tres Carnales!

This is a bit of a weird tangent for me... raving about a restaurant but really it was that good.  :)  Maybe this will spark a habit...?  I still really love cooking and blogging about my cooking.
Who knows.  We'll have to see.



I am now buried deep under my cookbooks searching for the perfect Christmas cookie recipe.
See you in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment